Astro has manufactured a durable hard wearing long lasting cricket pitch covers with a combination of rubber and Astro Multiplay turf.
Previously, rubber covers tend to crack or start breaking down within a few years due to rubber absorbing U/V and wear & tear or when removing and installing each season.
Construction and installation of covers :
- Each module to be either 2 metres or 4 metres in Length and width made to suit your requirements.
- Rubber base mesh fiber made from recycled Australian tyres.
- High quality polyurethane binder mixed at 25% not 20% as usual;
- The Turf is designed for hockey fields. It has a double woven backing, coated in a latex rubber with a cross link green yarn, which has a high UV and tear strength resistance.
- Turf adhered to the rubber using a two part adhesion for an extra strong bond.
Around the outside edges we have an option of a double sided commercial outdoor adhesive tape. This prevents movement and is a deterrent against theft. When removed no residue is left on the pitch.
Astro has developed a system that the individual modules can be made up to 4m long and the width of pitch as required e.g. 2.2m wide. These can be folded in half i.e. 2m x 2.2m. The covers must be removed and stacked carefully to avoid damage.
- The combination of rubber & turf bonded to each other produces a rubber cushioning effect.
- The turf is the protection wear layer on top of the rubber that does not allow the rubber to stretch or absorb UV.
- Astro’s cricket pitch covers are built for the outdoor conditions.
- Each Pitch Unit (designated number of modules per pitch) is stored as a flat pack significantly reducing damage to the product. Our turf products may last up to 15 years, thus, saving you money in the long term and providing quality.